- Recommendations of Aspirin for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure
This report provides evidence-based guidelines about preventing and managing high blood pressure. From the National Heart, Blood, and Lung Institute.
- Third Report of the Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III)
Provides evidence-based guidelines about screening for and treating high cholesterol. From the National Heart, Blood, and Lung Institute.
- Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults
Provides evidence-based guidelines about screening for and treating overweight and obesity. From the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- Physical Activity and Health: A Report of the Surgeon General
The first Surgeon General’s Report specifically addressing physical activity and health.
- 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
These science-based guidelines provide strategies for Americans to improve their health through physical activity.
- Surgeon General’s Reports Related to Tobacco Use
Links to reports concerning smoking and health, including reports on involuntary exposure to tobacco smoke and on tobacco use among ethnic minority groups.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
Provides authoritative advice about good dietary habits that can promote health and reduce risk of disease. Published jointly every five years by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Department of Agriculture (USDA). The 2010 guidelines are being developed.
Source: From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Heart Disease: Guidelines and Recommendations” http://www.cdc.gov website. Accessed December 2, 2015. http://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/guidelines_recommendations.htm
© Copyright 2016. All rights reserved. This content is strictly for informational purposes and although experts have prepared it, the reader should not substitute this information for professional insurance advice. If you have any questions, please consult your insurance professional before acting on any information presented. Read more.