Your child’s safety could be in jeopardy if your car seat is not installed correctly. Since every vehicle and car seat has different installation instructions, it’s important to follow these tips to help you install your car seat and make sure your child fits in it correctly. Once you’ve read these tips, follow the installation instructions below for specific types of car seats.
Car Seat Installation Instructions by Type
- Car Seat Glossary of Terms
- NHTSA’s Car Seat Recommendations for Children
- When Is My Child Ready to Use a Seat Belt?
- If You’re Pregnant: Seat Belt Safety and Other Tips
- Used Car Seat Safety Checklist
- Car Seat Use After a Crash
- Parents’ Guide on Child Safety in and Around Cars (PDF 1.8 MB)
- Car Seat Installation Videos
Source: NHTSA. “How to Install Your Car Seat.” http://www.safercar.gov website. Accessed November 30, 2015. http://www.safercar.gov/parents/How-To-Install-Car-Seats.htm
© Copyright 2016. All rights reserved. This content is strictly for informational purposes and although experts have prepared it, the reader should not substitute this information for professional insurance advice. If you have any questions, please consult your insurance professional before acting on any information presented. Read more.
Leave a Reply