- The recall information provided below includes vehicle and equipment campaigns from 1966 to present. The campaigns include motor vehicle products which contained a safety-related defect or did not comply with federal motor vehicle safety standards.
FILE A COMPLAINTReport a safety related defect with your vehicle, child seat, tire, or vehicle equipment.
- Search for a Recall
The search engine allows you to retrieve information by a specific product or a NHTSA recall number.
- Vehicle, Tire and Child Restraint Recall Alerts via E-mail
Receive e-mail alerts for recalls pertaining to your vehicle, tire and/or child restraint.
- Vehicle, Tire and Child Restraint Recalls via RSS
Have the latest vehicle, tire and/or child restraint recalls automatically delivered to your personalized homepage.
- Child Restraint Recalls
Child Restraint recalls from May 2004 to date, by manufacturer.
- Monthly Vehicle Recall Reports
Links to Monthly Vehicle Recall Reports for the past 6 months.
- Recall Database List and Download
Flat file of all vehicle, equipment and tire safety recall campaigns.
- Investigation and Recall Process Booklet
The purpose of this booklet is to answer the most commonly asked questions about complaints, investigations, and recalls, and to inform consumers of their rights and responsibilities when a vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment is recalled.
- What is a Safety Recall?
What does it mean when a manufacturer initiates a safety recall involving vehicles or items of motor vehicle equipment?
- Child Restraint Registration
Registration form for your child’s continued safety.
- NOTE: It is important to register your child restraint with the manufacturer to ensure you will be notified in case of a safety recall.
- Safety Recall Compendium (pdf)
A recall program guide in pdf format for the manufacturer preparing to conduct a safety recall.
- Recall and Quarterly Guides
Guide for vehicle or equipment manufacturers to use in filing a Defect or Noncompliance Information Report and quarterly recall status reports. The forms are available for downloading and can either be used as a model for the report or simply printed, completed and submitted to the agency.
Leave a Reply