- Additional Information/Complaints
Airline Flight Crew Employees
- Does an employer have to return an airline flight crew employee to work after a period of FMLA leave?
- How would an employer calculate FMLA leave for an airline flight crew employee who takes less than a day of FMLA leave?
- How much FMLA leave may an airline flight crew employee take?
- How do collective bargaining agreements (CBAs) affect airline flight crew employees under the FMLA?
- Does an airline flight crew employee’s military service count towards his or her FMLA eligibility?
- How is the number of hours paid determined for an airline flight crew employee?
- What are an airline flight crew employee’s duty hours?
- How is the number of hours worked determined for an airline flight crew employee?
- What is the applicable monthly guarantee?
- How do you determine the worksite for an airline flight crew employee for FMLA eligibility?
- How do airline flight crew employees qualify to take leave under the FMLA?
- Who is an airline flight crew employee?
Birth and Bonding
- When can a parent take leave for a newborn?
- Are there any restrictions on when an employee can take leave for the birth or adoption of a child?
- Can I take qualifying exigency leave when my military member returns from deployment?
- How much leave can I take if I need leave for both a serious health condition and a qualifying exigency?
- How much FMLA leave may I take for qualifying exigencies?
- Are the certification procedures (timing, authentication, clarification, second and third opinions, recertification) the same for qualifying exigency leave and leave due to a serious health condition?
- What type of notice must I provide to my employer when taking FMLA leave because of a qualifying exigency?
- (Q) What if my covered service member receives a catastrophic injury and the military issues me travel orders to immediately fly to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center to be at his bedside. Do I have to provide a completed certification before flying?
- How is leave designated if it qualifies as both military caregiver leave and leave to care for a family member with a serious health condition?
- Can I care for two seriously injured or ill service members at the same time?
- Can I take military caregiver leave for more than one seriously injured or ill service member, or more than once for the same service member if he or she has a subsequent serious injury or illness?
- Who is a service member’s next of kin for purposes of military caregiver leave?
- Can I carry-over unused weeks of military caregiver leave from one 12-month period to another?
- May I take FMLA leave to both care for a covered service member and for another FMLA qualifying reason during this “single 12-month period?”
- How much leave may I take to care to for a covered service member?
- Can I take military caregiver leave if I am the stepson or stepdaughter of the covered service member or if I am the stepparent of a covered service member?
- Are families of service members in the Regular Armed Forces eligible for military caregiver leave?
- What happens if I do not submit a requested medical or fitness-for-duty certification?
- Can employers require employees to submit a fitness-for-duty certification before returning to work after being absent due to a serious health condition?
- How often may my employer ask for medical certifications for an on-going serious health condition?
- Do I have to give my employer my medical records for leave due to a serious health condition?
- Must I sign a medical release as part of a medical certification?
- May my employer contact my health care provider about my serious health condition?
- How soon after I request leave does my employer have to request a medical certification of a serious health condition?
- Can my employer make me get a second opinion?
- What happens if my employer says my medical certification is incomplete?
- Am I required to prove that I have a serious health condition?
- Is an employee required to follow an employer’s normal call-in procedures when taking FMLA leave?
- What and when do I need to tell my employer if I plan to take FMLA leave?
- How soon after an employee provides notice of the need for leave must an employer notify an employee that the leave will be designated and counted as FMLA leave?
- Does an employer have to provide employees with information regarding their specific rights and responsibilities under the FMLA?
- How soon after an employee provides notice of the need for leave must an employer determine whether someone is eligible for FMLA leave?
- Are employers required to tell their employers of the existence of FMLA and the employee’s right to take FMLA leave?
Hours of Service Requirement
Intermittent/Reduced Leave Schedule
- Can an employer change an employee’s job when the employee takes intermittent or reduced schedule leave?
- Does an employee have to take leave all at once or can it be taken periodically or to reduce the employee’s schedule?
- What is the definition of deployment of a member with the Armed Forces to a foreign country?
- What is covered active duty?
- How do collective bargaining agreements (CBAs) affect the FMLA Regulations?
- Can I use my paid leave as FMLA leave?
- My medical condition limits me to a 40 hour workweek but my employer has assigned me to work eight hours of overtime in a week. Can I take FMLA leave for the overtime?
- Can my FMLA leave be counted against me for my bonus?
Serious Health Condition
- Can I take FMLA leave for reasons related to domestic violence issues?
- Can I continue to use FMLA for leave due to my chronic serious health condition?
- What is a serious health condition?
- Where can I get more information about USERRA and the FMLA?
- How should the 1,250 hours-of-service requirement be calculated for returning service members?
- How should the 12-month FMLA requirement be calculated for returning service members?
- What effect does USERRA have on FMLA-eligibility requirements?
- What is the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)?
Source: United States Department of Labor, “Wage and Hour Division: Frequently Asked Questions” https://www.dol.gov website. Accessed November 28, 2015. http://kb.dol.gov/DOLFAQLandingPage?agency=WHD
© Copyright 2016. All rights reserved. This content is strictly for informational purposes and although experts have prepared it, the reader should not substitute this information for professional insurance advice. If you have any questions, please consult your insurance professional before acting on any information presented. Read more.
Leave a Reply